Registered Veterinary Technician
Do you love to learn? Are you passionate about giving back? Do you want to be proud of where you work? Do you love animals? Do you want to provide quality service to our clients? If so, Allandale Veterinary Hospital wants you!
We are an expanding nine doctor Veterinary practice with an amazing reputation in Barrie and beyond - some of our clients travel to us from as far as Sudbury! Our team is actively involved in fundraising and working with The Global Alliance for Animals and People in Canada, Central America and the Caribbean. We collect food for the Barrie Food Bank, and work with numerous rescue organizations. Our awards include the 2013 International Hospital Design of the Year Award and runner-up for the prestigious Petplan Veterinary Excellence Awards. We are registered as a Cat Friendly Practice and our staff are trained in Fear Free handling. We are also AAHA and CVO accredited and strive to provide high-quality care. Our team prides itself in providing outstanding care to our patients and clients. We are looking for amazing Registered Veterinary Technicians who thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day there is something new to learn and something fluffy to cuddle.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A 2-3-year Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Technology college diploma
- Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) license
- Annual attendance in continuing education course(s) to maintain RVT license Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a Registered Veterinary Technician working with small animals
- Knowledge of “Fear-Free” restraint techniques
What YOU offer:
- A passion and energy for what you do every day!
- A positive attitude willing to do whatever it takes to meet client care needs!
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook for learning!
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills and ability to quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational skills and the ability work under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- A strong ability to provide empathy, understanding and emotional support to clients
- A calming and caring demeanor when interacting with patients; comfortable working with all types of animals
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients and team members
- Strong ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- ER experience is an asset
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts
What WE offer:
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Career development opportunities
- Access to Animal Care and various medical webinars, in-person training events, in-house speakers and seminars throughout the year and attendance at our Annual VCA conferences
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
Additionally, we offer competitive salaries, group benefits package, pet discounts, uniforms, paid sick and wellness days, etc.!
If you possess the above skills along with a love of animals, please apply to join our team!
Allandale Veterinary Hospital is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.