The impact of nutrition on health and disease is an important area of veterinary science. By paying attention to the nutritional needs of our patients, we can maximize their health, performance and longevity of all phases. We can also use nutrition as a step in treating medical conditions such as kidney disease, gastrointestinal disease, obesity, or skin disease.
- Optimal commercial diet and dietary supplement selection for specific medical conditions
- Nutrition support for critically ill patients, including tube feeding and parenteral nutrition (i.e. intravenous nutrition)
- Evaluation and formulation of homemade diets
- Customized weight loss plans
- Customized nutrition programs for different life stages, reproduction, performance, etc.
Here at AVH we are happy to offer a variety of Nutrition Services for your pet. Obesity is the number one nutritional problem facing pets today and can lead to severe health problems if not addressed. If your pet is overweight or obese, contact us today for an evaluation.